Active Ingredients: 75% hexazinone
Manufacturer: Bayer CropScience
Packaging: 4 lb
Package Sizes Available Online: 4lbs
For other quantity options or questions, please contact your local Red River Specialties Sales Rep or email [email protected]
Velpar® DF VU offers broad-spectrum control of competing vegetation in site preparation, conifer release and herbaceous weed control. It is widely used in Douglas Fir and Western Hemlock plantations, and is especially effective in Ponderosa Pine plantations in the western U.S. Velpar DF VU can be applied as a broadcast spray or a spot treatment. It is a critical tool in helping to get trees established and rapidly recapture forest sites where tough broadleaf weeds, grasses and woody species are a problem.
Velpar DF VU herbicide is used to control many broadleaf weeds, grasses and woody brush species. It is absorbed by both roots and foliage of the target species. Best results are achieved when 1/4 – 1/2 inch rainfall occurs within two weeks of application.
Velpar DF Application and Use
- Velpar DF VU is a dispersible granule to be mixed in water and applied as a spray
- In the western rain belt, apply in late winter or spring when weeds are active
- In the western snow belt, apply in fall before soil freezes or in spring after snow melt in anticipation of rain
- When applied as a liquid spray using water as the carrier, it may be applied by ground equipment or by air (helicopter only)
- For single stem treatments, use an exact-delivery handgun applicator
- Herbaceous weed control and brush suppression in a single product
- Fewer trips to deliver product to the spray landing site versus bulky liquid formulations
- Can be tank-mixed with other herbicides and/or adjuvants